PetSafe SmartDoor Connected Pet Door - Medium size
Stuck at work? Busy making dinner? No problem. SmartDoor™ Connected Pet Door ensures your pet’s play and potty breaks stay intact no matter where you are.
Stuck at work? Busy making dinner? No problem. SmartDoor™ Connected Pet Door ensures your pet’s play and potty breaks stay intact no matter where you are. This app-enabled pet door is perfect for the whole fur-family, giving your cat or dog their own personal entrance and exit. Meanwhile, you’ll have full control over the SmartDoor with the My PetSafe® app, where you can manage schedules, get notifications, and remotely control the pet door through your phone.
The SmartDoor comes with a Pet Door Key that attaches to your pet’s existing collar, giving them exclusive access through the door. Multi-pet households can purchase extra Pet Door Keys. Let them outside, run around the backyard, soak up the sun and take care of business without having to open the door for them. The Medium SmartDoor can also pair with microchips, giving cats and small dogs keyless entry! Pets and animals without a key or microchip can’t enter, keeping unwanted visitors out of your home.
SmartDoor offers a balance of freedom for your pets and peace of mind for you. As a pet parent, you may want to set a curfew for your little one. Through the My PetSafe® app, you’ll be able to set individual schedules for your pets that give them access through the door at specific times. Notifications will keep you updated on your pet’s whereabouts, pinging you on your phone or smartwatch. Get notified when your pets use the door, when it’s locked, and more.
If you notice a storm rolling through town, use your phone to remotely activate the multi-point lock on the flap to keep your dog or cat safe and sound inside. The pet door flap’s dynamic weather sealing is energy efficient and keeps the elements and airflow where they belong – outside. SmartDoor’s pet door flap is built with durable plastic and tinted for privacy, keeping critters’ curious eyes out of your business.
The SmartDoor Connected Pet Door comes in 2 different sizes, Medium and Large. It is powered by batteries and requires a high-speed Wi-Fi connection with 2.4 GHz capabilities. Installation of the SmartDoor is a perfect weekend project with a friend. Verify that your door or wall is compatible with the SmartDoor by checking the chart below.
Your pet deserves the best. Trust PetSafe® to keep your pet healthy, safe and happy.
- App enabled pet door that gives your pets the freedom to come and go
- Selective entry and exit let you decide when and which pets can use the pet door, keeping wildlife out
- Create or change multiple schedules for each pet to maintain their daily routines
- Remotely lock and unlock your SmartDoor through the My PetSafe® app
- Receive notifications when your pets use the door, updates on your SmartDoor lock and battery status, and more
- The pet door flap’s dynamic weather sealing and multi-point locking mechanism makes this an energy efficient and safe option
- Training guide and video will have your dog or cat using the SmartDoor without assistance in as little as 4 to 6 weeks
- Works with iPhone version iOS 12.0 or later and Android smartphones version 5.0 or later
- Interior Frame
- Exterior Frame
- Medium SmartDoor™ Connected Pet Door comes with 1 Medium Pet Door Key
- Large SmartDoor™ Connected Pet Door comes with 1 Large Pet Door Key
- Cutting Templates for non-metal and metal doors
- 1 Foam Spacer
- Installation Guide
- Pet Training Guide
- Blanking Plugs
How does the SmartDoor Connected Pet Door work?
- SmartDoor Connected Pet Door works by only opening for dogs or cats with paired Pet Door Keys or microchips.
- Medium SmartDoor requires 4 C-Cell alkaline batteries and Large SmartDoor requires 4 D-Cell alkaline batteries.
- If you plan to pair your cat’s microchip, only the Medium SmartDoor is compatible with FDX-B/15 Digit, FDX-A/10 Digit, AVID H, and AVID Encrypted/9 or 15 Digit microchips.
Door Sizing Chart
|Door Size||Pet Size||Flap Opening||Frame Dimensions||Cut Out|
|Medium||Pets up to 25 lb.||7.1” W x 7.8” H||10.8” W x 14.3” H||8.5” W x 10.4” H (non-metal door)
9.7” W x 12.7” H (metal door)
|Large||Pets up to 100 lb.||11.9” W x 16.1” H||16.5” W x 23.1” H||13.2” W x 19.1” H (non-metal door)
14.8” W x 21.5” H (metal door)